- The Temple
- Prof. Johnson
- Books & DVD’s
- Daoist Training
- Medical Qigong
Medical Qigong Training
Medical Qigong is one of the Four Branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Practitioners of Medical Qigong Therapy first train to enhance their own life-force energy (Qi), and later learn to sense and directly influence the Qi of another person, in order to bring about a state of health and vitality. The principle underlying the teachings at the International Institute of Medical Qigong is the Dao (the natural Way of the Universe), the Theory of Yin and Yang and the Five Elements, and the relationship of Heaven, Earth, and Man. We hope that through these teachings, we can support and inspire our students and patients to live in harmony with their True Nature, and utilize their talents to maintain balance in their lives.
Medical knowledge exists in order to alleviate the pains of humanity, whether physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. While the I.I.M.Q.’s principle purpose is to enable students to obtain the academic and clinical knowledge to be a successful practitioner of Chinese Energetic Medicine, it does not stop there. The curriculum encourages the philosophy that through the healing of oneself, one can understand how to heal others. The emphasis is placed on the cultivation of one’s True Self and the comprehension of human nature.
This special instruction includes special Daoist Medical Neigong (Internal Skill), Qigong (Energy Skill), and Shengong (Spirit Skill) training. The curriculum contained within these special courses are made available to the public through 5 special Medical Qigong Textbooks, and 18 DVDs written and produced by Professor Jerry Alan Johnson. These were originally introduced to the public, in order to educate students of Traditional Chinese Medicine to the various secret training methods of the esoteric Daoist Healing practices, described as follows:
• Volume 1 – Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy: Energetic Anatomy and Physiology
• Volume 2 – Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy: Energetic Alchemy; Dao Yin Therapy and Qi Deviations
• Volume 3 – Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy: Differential Diagnosis; Clinical Foundations; Treatment Principles and Clinical Protocols
• Volume 4 – Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy: Prescription Exercises and Meditations; Treatment of Internal Diseases; Pediatrics; Geriatrics; Gynecology; Neurology and Energetic Psychology
• Volume 5 – Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy: An Energetic Approach to Oncology
10 – DVDs on Medical Qigong Therapy
• DVD#1 – Gathering Energy from Heaven and Earth
• DVD#2 – Stationary and Dynamic Medical Qigong Posture Training
• DVD#3 – Treating Patients with Medical Qigong Therapy (#1)
• DVD#4 – Treating Patients with Medical Qigong Therapy (#2)
• DVD#5 – Medical Qigong Energy Techniques and Qi Emitting Methods
• DVD#6 – Medical Qigong Invisible Needle Technique; Five Element Qigong Massage and Energetic Point Therapy
• DVD#7 – Medical Qigong Healing Sound Therapy and Prescriptions
• DVD#8 – Treatment of Internal Organ Diseases with Medical Qigong
• DVD#9 – Treatment of Cysts; Tumors and Cancer with Medical Qigong Therapy
• DVD#10 – Soul Retrieval
6 – DVDs on Medical Qigong and Oncology
• “Houston Cancer Seminar #1 – Introduction to Medical Qigong Therapy and Cancer Treatment: Establishing a Clinical Foundation”
• “Houston Cancer Seminar #2 – An Energetic Approach to Oncology
• “Houston Cancer Seminar #3 – Medical Qigong Treatment Protocols used for Breast, Cervical, Prostate, Ovarian, and Uterine Cancer”
• “Houston Cancer Seminar #4 – Medical Qigong Treatment Protocols used for Brain, Skin, and Bone Cancer, Leukemia, Malignant Lymphoma, and Multiple Myelomas”
• “Houston Cancer Seminar #5 – Medical Qigong Cancer Prescription Exercises and Meditations”
• “Houston Cancer Seminar #6 – Medical Qigong Treatment Protocols Used For Radiation and Chemotherapy”
2 – DVDs on Maintaining Health and Healing
• Medical Qigong for Understanding, Preventing and Treating Breast Disease” – CD
• Chi Kung Healing Workout
Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy is attracting interest from Energetic Healers, Acupuncturists, Allopathic Doctors, Psychotherapists, Chiropractors, Naturopathic Doctors, and Physical Therapists from all around the world. The course was originally created in 1985 by Professor Jerry Alan Johnson, who established the International Institute of Medical Qigong (I.I.M.Q.). For over 27 years the I.I.M.Q. has been educating Westerners in Chinese Energetic Medicine, and currently has hundreds of graduates operating clinics throughout the United States, Bermuda, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Guatemala, Ireland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Fashioned after the Medical Qigong College at the Hai Dian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Beijing, China, the IIMQ is known internationally for maintaining the highest standards in Medical Qigong instruction and clinical therapy. Because of these consistent standards, the Chinese Ministry of Health honored Dr. Johnson and the I.I.M.Q. early in 2005 as meeting and exceeding the Chinese standards for academic and clinical instruction.
The Institute’s achievements in providing academic and clinical instruction have also been recognized by the Medical Qigong Department at the Xi Yuan Hospital (Beijing, China) and the Henan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Henan, China).